Friday 30 April 2021

A prayer for India....

 

India manufactures I.C.U. hospital beds, anaesthetic equipment such as ambu-bags and laryngeal masks used for resuscitation, as well as orthopedic instruments, pulse oximeters, incubators and infant warmers, syringes, disposable medical masks and vaccines.  A friend of mine once wrote to me and said, "I fell in love with India " after flying over to do sound recordings  for the Natural history department of a major English T.V station Only now can I admit how my heart sank as I read "I fell in love with..." and how my heart soared when I read "India" on the next page. I would like to offer endless thanks to the people of India and wish them strength, safety and peace wherever they sleep these nights so dark. 


Sincere thanks to Getty Images for this photograph by Xavier Galiana/AFP. This was taken in New Delhi last year in June.