Tuesday 29 January 2013

...about the bugs on the gate...





Driving through a small town called Wagin on Thursday morning, I passed a faded old sign with a blue Fleur de Lis painted on a rusty old background. Further along someone had hung a scrap of white cardboard with "bugs" painted on it. Another roughly painted sign, further along, said,"Brekkie at 7:30" and a hand-drawn arrow pointed to a small, lovely park. Standing next to an old red car, was an old lady drinking a cup of coffee. I almost expected to see a handful of Boy-scouts with bug-collecting equipment gathering for breakfast next to the car park.

That's strange, I thought, I had spoken to someone about a Fleur de Lis only days before. He was quite nice. Maybe those dots on the drawings for my gates were bugs...no, I bet they were soldering points or something...hot, fusion points.