Thursday 2 August 2012

Haitian Nurses Scrubs.


Member No. 33: 2012.

Ordering uniforms when you work for the government can sometimes be a real test of patience. We used to have "uniform rooms" (in the dark ages) but now we fax request forms a few hundred kilometres or make computer orders to a "non-person". My prescribed shirts did arrive  but two years later, I am still awaiting two pairs of trousers and some culottes. 

In the meantime, my bum is threatening to get bigger. How big do they want my bum to get? I recently ordered two navy blue theatre scrubs ( from "WonderWinks" scrubs) on ebay, via a seller called the "enchanted butterfly". They have neat, hidden little pockets and pen loops inside.  A week and a half later, two beautiful uniforms arrived from Haiti. That country has had to deal with poverty and is still recovering from a devastating  natural disaster. They have managed to get them to me in ten days, despite being on the other side of the planet.  Haiti, I love you.


*(Someone asked me what I am wearing...it is a digital Mucha print from Thailand).